Guides & Signposting
The PCPA has a number of key documents available to members only. We have a membership application form available if you would like to join now. These include:
- Newcomers Guides to Primary Care Pharmacy
- How to use prescribing data
- How to influence prescribers
- NHS organisation and funding
- Care Home Resources a selection of practical resources provided by tutors on a recent PCPA care homes course.
- Audit of Prescribing in Heart Failure NHS Newcastle West Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS North of Tyne Medicines Management Provider Team.
- Audit of Newly Initiated Anti-Depressants in Primary Care NHS North of Tyne Medicines Management Provider Team.
- NICE Good Practice Guide NICE has produced a good practice guide to help trusts develop and update local formularies, as part of a move to ensure that all patients in England have access to clinically and cost-effective drugs. The guide recommends that medicines with a positive NICE technology appraisal are included into the local formulary automatically, where clinically appropriate and relevant to the services provided by the organisation. This process should take place within 90 days.
You can find out more about the benefits of membership, eligibility criteria for membership and our fee structure here.