PCPA is a professional member organisation and is not for profit. It is managed on behalf of its members through the PCPA Committee which is supported by the PCPA Office.
Eligibility criteria for membership
- Full and Associate membership: All Qualified Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians or Pre-Reg Pharmacists
- Associate members: All other qualified healthcare professionals
- Corporate members: All pharmaceutical industry colleagues
Associate Membership - Currently Free
- Access to general resources section of the members website
- Quarterly subscription to "Medicines Matters"
- Discounted subscription to "Medicines Complete"
Full Membership - £48 per year for Pharmacists £39 per year for Technicians. More details on payment page
- Access to the national steering committees for all PCPA groups
- Access to local networks
- Access to all resources, forums, blogs and networks
- FREE attendance at all PCPA symposia, workshops and webinars: Normal price £100 per event for Associate members and £199 for Non Members.
- Use of post nominal MAPCPharm
PCPA announce indemnity insurance discount for members
Due to unprecedented demand from members working within GP practices for clear comprehensive and competitive professional indemnity cover. We have been looking at ways we might support our members working in this exciting and expanding sector.
PCPA have worked with our Practice Pharmacy Group, to inform the development of specialist insurance from a variety of suppliers to fit the new job descriptions in this sector. From these discussions MIAB offered the PCPA a welcome discount for our full members.
MIAB Managing Director said:
'As a specialist insurance broker providing indemnity insurance to GPs, GP practices, Individual and Community Pharmacists, MIAB is well positioned to assist NHS England to achieve not only its integration target of a further 1500 GP based pharmacists by 2020, but also its plan to free-up GP time to care for thier patients.Similarly, we are delighted to be able to offer PCPA members this special deal on a product specifically designed to cater to their needs'
MIAB will be able to discuss with you the level of PCPA discount you are eligible for.
PCPA is a not for profit members association and has no financial affiliation with this company, this is simply a negotiated benefit for our members.PCPA is open to any offer of support or discount for members from other suppliers if it is in the interests of their members.
We recommend that you carry out your own research into suppliers that match your needs.There are many other existing providers and PCPA cannot and is not recommending individual insurance companies or their policies.
Please note that the PCPA cannot respond to individual queries from members about the scope of their indemnity arrangements. Please contact the companies directly if you would like further information.